Friday, September 18, 2009

Web morsels

I've been spending inordinate amounts of time on the www the past couple weeks trying to figure out what if any sort of community of food bloggers I might belong to. I haven't quite figured it out yet. But it turns out there is a ton of amazing food-related content out there. Twitter has actually proved to be amazing tool in this regard (http://twitter/eat_the_book). And I've finally subscribed to a million of my favorite blogs and news sources via Google Reader which makes it much easier to keep favorite spots on my radar screen.

In the tradition of some of the more professional bloggers, I will be collecting links I find intriguing and sharing them with once a week or so. Please feel free to send along anything that catches your eye during your travels around the web.

Sea Salt vs. Table Salt: Which is Healthier?
by Sarah Kagan on Epi-Log. 9-16-09
Answer: table salt is the winner because it is enriched with iodine.

Food Science: What Makes Apples Mealy?
from The Kitchn. 9-16-09

Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey
Cookbook for Kids to be released in October. 8-13-09

The Flavor Bible
Book review from goodLife {eats}. 9-13-09
I am a very very big fan of this book.

Microwave Potato Chips
from Jugalbandi. 8/17/08

No comments: