Friday, August 07, 2009

Blueberries with Maple Whipped Cream



I am remeber being shocked the last time I looked at the nutrition information on a carton of heavy cream. I've blocked out the details though. And I comfort myself with the fact that kids need something like 30% of their calories from fat.

1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 pint fresh blueberries (approximately 2 cups)

Chill metal bowl and metal whisk by placing them in the freezer for a few minutes. Remove bowl and whisk from freezer. Put cream, syrup and lemon juice in bowl and whip with whisk (standing or hand-held electric mixer is easiest) until the cream forms soft peaks.

In ramekins or small bowls, layer a large dollop of the whipped cream, 1/4 cup of the blueberries, and a small dollop of the whipped cream. Top with a few extra berries. Serve immediately.

Makes 8 servings.

No comments: